Bayou Baptist Association covers all or part of Terrebonne, Lafoursche, Assumption, Jefferson, & St. James Parishes. Including the cities of Houma, Thibodaux, Lockport, Grand Isle, Golden Meadow, Cutoff, & more.
- Population: 240,064. One of Louisiana’s 9 Metropolitan areas.
- 1 Southern Baptist church (SBC) for every 7,744 persons. Rest of Louisiana is 1 to 2,895. NAMB’s goal is 1 to 2,000. 51 new churches would be needed to get to 1 to 2,895.
- Only .6% of the population (1,560) attended a Bible Study in a SBC Church in 2015.
- Only 1.3% of the population (3,009) attended worship in a SBC Church in 2015.
- Only 10% of the population is evangelical according to the Association of Religious Data Archives (thearda.com).
- Associational Director of Mission is Joe Arnold. Check out BayouBaptistAssociation.com.
Several great opportunities for planting in this area. North Thibodaux is ripe for a plant with a growing population & Louisiana’s 10th largest university – Nicholls State. Also, a great spot for summer missions experiences or retreats. Check out Lighthouse Resort Ministry in Grand Isle for info. Great need for a Hispanic Church Planter in this area, to reach out to the growing Hispanic population. If you love the outdoors, this is a great place for your family to plant & invest your life. Hit me up for more info – firstname.lastname@example.org.