Multiply Baton Rouge
The Baptist Association of Greater Baton Rouge covers all or part of Ascension, East Baton Rouge (Louisiana’s most populated Parish), West Baton Rouge, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, St. James Parishes.
- Population: 640,059
- 1 Southern Baptist church (SBC) for every 6,096 persons. Rest of Louisiana is 1 to 2,895. NAMB’s goal is 1 to 2,000. 131 new churches would be needed to get to 1 to 2,895.
- Only 1.1% of the population (7,049) attended a Bible Study in a SBC Church in 2016.
- Only 1.9% of the population (11,861) attended worship in a SBC Church in 2015.
49% of the population is non-anglo (41% African-American, 3.9% Hispanic, 2.5% Asian) with only 16 non-anglo SBC churches. 1 to 18,154.
- 23% of the population is evangelical, showing that Baton Rouge has a healthier evangelical population than the rest of South Louisiana.
- Baptisms are down 25% from a high of 757 in 2006. 558 in 2016.
- Current Planters: Brian Crain with Progression Church, Guillermo Mangieri with Istrouma en Espanol, MacArthur Greensberry with New Beginnings Baptist, Josh Morris with Crosscreek Cowboy Church, Pastor Lama with Louisiana Kachin Fellowship, Ed Scott with New Life Temple, &Miguel Angel Flores-Olivera with Jefferson Baptist Hispanic.
- Association Executive Director is Dr. Tommy Middleton. Staff: Chuck Lowman, Randy Osborn, Dana Truitt, Jan Terral. Check out BAGBR.org.
10 current church plants. The goal is 70 new churches in the Baton Rouge area. Hit me up if you’re interested in serving, planting, praying for Baton Rouge.