Why Plant New Churches?
I was recently asked to provide some info on why we need to plant new churches. Thought the links were worth sharing:
- Why Plant Churches by Tim Keller. “Nothing else–not crusades, outreach programs, para-church ministries, growing mega-churches, congregational consulting, nor church renewal processes–will have the consistent impact of dynamic, extensive church planting.”
- Why We Don’t Plant Church by Ed Stetzer.”new churches are the ultimate evangelistic tool because they begin with no other purpose than reaching unbelievers.”
- Assessing the Need for New Churches. “Many Pastors, me included, tend to think about a new ministry or church through the lens of what it may cost us. What if we thought about it in terms of the great cost to those who may never hear the Gospel.”
- Why Every Church Must Plant – info graphic from the North American Mission Board.
- Do We Really Need More Churches? by Ron Sylvia, excerpt from his book Starting High Definition Churches made available at http://www.churchplantingvillage.net.
- Why Start A Church? from Spin-Off Churches by Tom Cheyney, Rodney Harrison, and Don Overstreet.
- Northshore PROBE Results – If you’re asking the Why question in Southeast Louisiana, check out this research that points us to the fact that less than 10% of our population are attending evangelical churches.
Posted on July 6, 2011, in Church Planting, Helpful Links. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment