Starting the day with surrender…
- Lord, I exalt You as Lord and Master and King of my life.
- Lord, I place my life at your complete 100% disposal, today and forever.
- Lord, I humble myself under Your might hand (1 Peter 5:7).
- Lord, empty me of myself and fill me with Your Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).
- Lord Jesus, I desire to come after you today, denying myself, taking up my cross and following You (Luke 9:23).
- Lord, I crucify my flesh with its passions and desires (Galatians 5:24).
- Lord, I reckon myself dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus (Romans 6:11).
- Lord, I present my body as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1) and as an instrument of Your righteousness (Romans 6:13).
- Create in me a pure heart, O God (Psalm 51:10), that I may see You (Matthew 5:8).
- In repentance, I ask for You to cleanse me of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
- I cry out for Your wisdom, knowing that my own is insufficient for this day (Proverbs 3:5-7).
- Lord, have your way with me.
- Lord, open my eyes to see where you’re working.
- Lord, give me the courage today & forever to walk through the doors you open.
- Lord, help me see as you see, hear as you hear, and speak as you speak today & forever.
- Lord, rule and reign in and through my life today, as you rule and reign over all creation.
- Lord, take this life for Your good and glory today and forever.
- Lord, I can do nothing apart from you (John 15:5).
- Lord, teach me, use me, change me today and forever.
- Lord, I am Your willing bond-slave (Luke 1:37).
- Lord, give me thick skin and a tender heart.
- Holy Spirit, be my teacher and guide today and forever.
Posted on March 3, 2013, in Discipleship and tagged Devotion, Prayer, Surrender. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Truly the only appropriate hymn of invitation/commitment is “I Surrender All.” Thanks for the reminder: We only soar high when we come to Jesus low (humbled).
Pingback: On Ramps to Spiritual Growth: Personal Devotional Habits | Lane Corley