Recent Haunting Conversations
- “I’m scared. I can’t read. I can’t get a job. I only know one way to live.” ~ 23-year old addict trying to break free in need of mentorship.
- “I failed. I’m repeating 9th grade.” ~ 15-year old fatherless student in need of mentorship.
- “I’m a lost cause. Forget about me. I’m not strong enough to make it. I don’t have anyone in this world that cares if I’m alive. I have nothing to live for. Just let me go.” ~ 40-year old inmate prepping to get out of jail, in need of mentorship.
- “I’m 8-months pregnant, my lights get cutoff on Monday. I’ve run out of options. You’re my last hope. Can you help?” ~ 24-year old single mom, in need of mentorship.
- “My father died, you’re the only person I know that goes to church. Could you help us with a memorial service?” ~ local single mom with a disabled child who lost her job the same week that her father passed away unexpectedly.
- “Doesn’t God give second chances?!?!” ~ Parent of a mentally retarded teen convicted of a sex-offense after learning that the management of their apartment complex would not allow their son to live with them upon release. Heard Dad say this as I looked at the word “UNFORGIVABLE” tattooed across his sons stomach.
Some conversations stick with you. Praying they drive me and us to action. What are you hearing in your community? How are you responding?