“His ruling authority will grow, and there’ll be no limits to the wholeness he brings.” Isaiah 9:7.
This comes along with the prophecy in Isaiah that a child would be born to us. I think of this verse every year at this time, reminding myself that the baby in the manger, became a man, conquered the greatest enemies of humanity in sin & death, & now rules as a King. And I have the opportunity to submit myself to his rule & experience his wholeness & peace. I also have the opportunity to rule my own heart, seek out a wholeness of my own design, & grow in my own temporal authority.
So a few prayerful questions I’m asking:
- Will I allow HIS RULING AUTHORITY to grow in my life in 2015?
- Will others experience HIS RULING AUTHORITY because of my life in 2015?
- What areas of my life need his wholeness & peace? How can I move them under His ruling authority?
- What areas of my life am I holding onto & keeping under MY authority? How can I work toward repentance & submission to him in these areas?
- How will I work for the increase of HIS rule in my family? in my church? in my community? in the world?
Lord, may Your ruling authority increase in & through my life this year.