Baptized Believer to Baptizing Disciple Maker
Churches talk a lot about the Spiritual Milestone of Baptism. It’s a great next step for the person who has put their faith in Christ. BUT, have you experienced the milestone of baptizing someone else? Jesus commissioned EVERY believer to “Go… make disciples… BAPTIZING them… teaching them…” (Matthew 28:18-20). Did you know that Jesus didn’t baptize anyone? He let his disciples do that (See John 4:2). He wanted them to have the joy of leading others in their next steps in the faith. And it is a joy! a rush!
Who have you Baptized? At the church we attend, if you bring someone to Christ, we want you to have the joy of baptizing them. Where do I start?
- Make a list of people in your life that need to know Jesus and respond to his offer of salvation.
- Pray for them everyday. Pray for open eyes and open hearts.
- Get clear on the Gospel. Get trained to share the Gospel. Here’s a 30 minute personal training – LINK.
- Pray for opportunities to talk to your friend(s) about the Gospel.
- Start a Bible Study and invite friends to it.
- (not an exhaustive list. If this is important to you, you’ll find a way.)
Jesus wants us all to be Baptized believers in Him. But Jesus also wants us to be fruit bearing, obedient BAPTIZERS of new disciples.
Goal: Baptize at least one friend in 2022. Who’s in?
Send me the first name of your friend(s) so I can pray for them as well.
Posted on January 20, 2022, in Discipleship, outreach. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment