What do you do when Jesus says Go?
Posted by Lane Corley
When you hear the word of God, what you do next shows what you really believe. When you trust and believe in Jesus, it will lead you to follow and obey Jesus. Is there an area or issue in your life where you’re saying, “I know what Jesus says, but… my situation is different… times have changed… I don’t care…” etc.? Jesus tied hearing the word of God and keeping the word of God together over and over (John 14:21; 23).
So what do you do when Jesus says Go?
There are three specific places that Jesus said “Go” that relates to our daily lives:
1. “Go, your son will live.” John 4:50. To the Royal Official who was desperate for his sons healing.
Question: Do I believe that Jesus has power over my problems? Do I believe that anything is possible with Jesus? Do I believe that Jesus’ word alone is power?
Jesus was saying “GO! Believe!”
The Royal Official responded by turning around and heading home.
2. “Go, and sin no more.” John 8:11. To a woman caught in the act of adultery.
Question: Do I believe that Jesus has power over my sin? Is there a pattern of sin that Jesus is calling me to walk away from? Do I believe there is “no condemnation for those who are in Christ” (Romans 8:1)?
Jesus was saying, “GO! Repent.” “LET GO OF THE PAST.” “Leave your life of or habits of sin behind.”
Speculation is that the woman responded by becoming a follower of Jesus, but this would be extra-biblical assumption.
3. “Go, and make disciples.” Matthew 28:19. To the disciples just before His ascension into heaven.
Question: Do I believe that Jesus can use me? Do I believe that Jesus wants me to reach my friends? How has Jesus equipped me to reach people and make disciples?
Jesus was saying, “GO! Be obedient. Influence others with the Gospel.”
The disciples responded by changing their world through sharing and multiplying the Gospel person to person, city to city, village to village.
Jesus has said GO! What do your actions reveal about your faith?
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
About Lane CorleyI am - Follower of Jesus Christ - Husband to the beautiful and patient Heather Corley - Father of two young men: Jackson (17), Hudson (13). And one Princess: Katherine Jubilee or “Kate” (7) - Church Planter / Church Planting Strategist for the Louisiana Baptist Convention. - When I can I’m reading, gardening, deer hunting, on mission with my church. - Hoping to be helpful to others & fruitful for God.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.