Sharing Jesus Without Freaking Out
Alvin Reid’s latest book, Sharing Jesus Without Freaking Out, is a great read that will encourage you as a witness for Christ. Shorter in length than his textbook The Evangelism Handbook, which I recommend you read as well, this book is very personal, borrowing from personal stories of witnessing encounters of Reid and others. Jesus desires for us to be His witnesses (see Mark 4:19, Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8). Sharing Jesus Without Freaking Out will help you in this pursuit as a believer.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the book to wet your appetite:
- In our mastery of fellowship with the saints, we’ve lost a burden for a friendship with sinners.
- Lost people are more amazed at our silence than offended at our message.
- The only “failure” in witnessing is the failure to witness, and even when that happens God still loves you.
- Daily prayer: “God, give me today (1) an opportunity to speak with someone about Jesus; (2) the wisdom to see it; and (3) the courage to take it.”
- living for Jesus is not hard, it’s impossible! That’s why God gave us his Son to save us, his Spirit to live within us, his Word to guide us, and his church to encourage us.
- You can’t evangelize effectively on a consistent basis without prayer.
- if you know someone really closely for years and never speak about Jesus, you are speaking about him: you are saying with your lack of words he is no big deal.
Right now you can buy a box of 20 for $5 each from Lifeway.com. Grab a box for your church, small group, etc. I’m giving away a couple of boxes at our Louisiana Church Planting Network gatherings this summer. Also, our church is also giving this book away on Sunday’s this summer.
Posted on June 19, 2017, in Books worth reading, outreach. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.
Yep. Reid is a very good read.
Pingback: Recommended Reading: Ministry and Leadership | Lane Corley
Pingback: 10 Questions to Gauge Multiplication | Lane Corley
Pingback: Resolved: Four Biblical Resolutions for 2019 | Lane Corley