Making Plans for a Big Easter
Celebration Church’s St. Bernard Campus has grown from 110 in 2009 to 485 in 2016 in weekly average attendance. Easter Sunday attendance has grown from 206 to 1,380 in that time frame, serving as a great catalyst for overall growth. Patrick Eagan, Celebration St. Bernard’s Campus Pastor, recently spent some time coaching church planters in the Baton Rouge area on how to make the most out of Easter. Get Patrick’s Notes HERE. This can serve as a great playbook for planning Easter or other Big Attendance weekends at your church. Patrick said, “Most of us will not be able to double our weekend attendance by simply praying harder and trying harder.” We need a plan! Here are a few great starter questions for planning from Patrick’s presentation:
- What would it look like at your church if the fullness of the power of God met the fullness of the efforts of man?
- If you successfully doubled your weekend attendance, would there be room for everyone?
- Is it possible to add worship services to your usual line up?
- What is the long-term growth vision for your church?
- What is the challenging but reasonable goal for your end of year attendance?
- How will you identify and follow-up with guests on Easter Sunday?
- What specific elements of the worship service will encourage guests to come back?
- What post-Easter events can we leverage guests toward?
Get the whole doc and do what you can to get ready for a big weekend of planting seeds and growing God’s kingdom. Always grateful for Celebration Church and their generosity of lessons learned and best practices.