Rules of Thumb & Questions for Church Calendar Planning
Some Rules of Thumb for Church Calendar Planning:
- “God is looking for people through whom he can do the impossible – what a pity that we plan only the things that we can do by ourselves.” – A.W. Tozer
- The end result of every event should be people moving closer to Christ.Everything must be filtered through the Great Commission of Making Disciples.
- Define how each thing we do CULTIVATES, PLANTS Seeds, or Brings in a HARVEST. Everything must be filtered through the urgency of evangelism.
- Are there any events that we need to kill?
- Are there any events from the past that we wish we hadn’t killed?
- Are there any events that need to be moved?
- Is there an opportunity we’re missing on our calendar? (Have you said, “Aw man, we should have done _____!)
- Rule: Only one Special Event (all church) per month
- Special Events should include every demographic in our church at least once per year – Men, Women, Teens, Kids, Married Couples, Singles, Older adults
What rules and questions guide your churches calendar planning?