A Mission Greater Than Yourself
Highlights from our Bridge On Mission Message Series
November was On Mission Month at Bridge Church. We tackled the questions of how to live life ON MISSION to the Vulnerable, the Nations, the Next Generation, & to our Neighbors.
Check out a few great quotes from this series presented by Evan McGinty, Steve Elworth, Cherish Leblanc, Elizabeth Johnson, & myself.
- Christ Followers never say, “That’s not my problem.”
- There’s no such thing as an unwanted child in God’s Kingdom.
- The drive behind our mission is obedience to God. Sustainable mission is a series of small steps of obedience.
- In Christ, our lives will not end in brokenness, but with promised restoration.
- If God calls you to it, He’ll give you the grace to do it. – Cherish LeBlanc
- God doesn’t call the qualified. He qualifies the called. – Elizabeth Johnson
- God is a missionary. Therefore, the church is a missionary church.
- Missions is something God does, not something I do.
- “God’s mission is a reason there is a Bible at all.” – Steve Hawthorne
- “Do not ask ‘what is God’s will for my life?’ Instead, ask, ‘what is God’s will for the world and what is my place in fulfilling his will?’” – John Perkins
- If every evangelical gave 10% of their income to missions we could easily support 2 million new missionaries.
- Your Character, Lifestyle, & Example as a parent, or other influence in their lives, help kids know WHAT is right.
- Good character around them can be a kind of North Star. That’s also why we need a church community, b/c our kids are not just watching us, but those we associate with.
- Your Intentional Words, Discipline, Discipleship help them know what AND WHY the Christian life is right.
- “There is just one way to bring up a child in the way he should go and that is to travel that way yourself.” — Abraham Lincoln
- Missions does not equal distance. We have a mission field within walking distance of us everyday.
- Consumers like the mission. Disciples own the mission. Romans 1:14
Listen to the messages HERE or on Itunes.