2016 Louisiana Church Planting Update
75% of 2016 is in the can. Here’s a report of this years Church Planting efforts among Louisiana Baptist Churches:
- We’re at 29 Church Plants for the year. Just 1 away from our annual goal of 30. We should finish the year with 34-36. Making 2016 another record year for church planting in Louisiana.
- 2 in North Louisiana, 27 in South Louisiana.
- 13 in New Orleans, 7 on the I-12, 3 in Baton Rouge, 2 in Lake Charles, 2 in Central LA, 1 in Lafayette, 1 in Houma/Thibodaux.
- 12 Anglo, 11 African-American, 3 Multi-Ethnic, 2 Hispanic, 1 Asian.
- 7 Multi-Site Developments, 6 Re-Plants
- $1,023,117 in Cooperative Funding invested in Church Planting supplements so far in 2016.
- $220,000 in Georgia Barnette State Missions Offering Grants invested in Church Plants so far in 2016.
- 1,004 New Commitments to Christ & 292 Baptisms reported by our Church Planters so far this year.
Grateful for the work God is doing through our church plants & our together giving through Cooperative Program & State & National Missions Offerings.
Check out some other things happening with Church Planting in Louisiana in our October E-Newsletter.
Posted on October 21, 2016, in Church Planting, Louisiana Baptists. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Reblogged this on Praying for the millennials.
Pingback: October Blog Recap: MICROpolitan Church Planting, Church Planting and Pastor Appreciation Month, etc. | Lane Corley