The I-12 Corridor includes Livingston, Tangipahoa, St. Tammany Parish, & Washington Parishes. Three Baptist Associations cover this area- Northshore Baptist Association (Hammond/Ponchatoula, Covington/Mandeville, Slidell) & Eastern Louisiana Baptist Association (Denham Spring, Walker area), Baptist Associations of SE LA (Franklinton, Bogalusa, Amite). It’s been one of the fastest growing in Louisiana over the last few years. Estimated population of these three parishes combined is now 505,587. Population has grown an estimated 7% over the last 5 years. Some great work happening on Louisiana’s I-12 Corridor through Church Planting. Still more is needed. Here’s some of the latest data:
- Population of Northshore Baptist Association area: 367,799 (7% increase since 2010).
- 1 church for every 4,485 residents on the Northshore.
- Only 3.1 % of the population of NSBA attends worship in a SBC Church.
- Only 1.8% of the population of NSBA attends Bible Study or small group in a SBC Church.
- Churches have grown by 2.3% over the last five years, but not as fast as the population growth of 7%.
- Evangelical Population of the I-12 Corridor: 25%
- 270,000+ unaffiliated with any denomination or church.
- 1 church for every 2,995 residents in Livingston Parish.
- Only 4.8% of the population of Eastern LA Association attend worship in a SBC church.
- Only 2.8% of the population of Eastern LA Association area attend Bible Study in a SBC church.
Planters, Partners needed.
Pray for our current planters in this area:
1. Miguel Rodriguez, Nueva Vida en Cristo, Bogalusa2. Miguel Flores-Olivera, Iglesia Bautista El Camino, Denham Springs3. Joshua Spinks, The Way Church of Livingston, Denham Springs4. Jeff Smith, Genesis Church, Walker5. Louis Husser, Boots N Saddles Cowboy Church, Folsom6. Richard Hanson, Celebration Church, Mandeville7. Matthew C. Smith, Connect Church, Covington8. Randy Ray, River Rd. Fellowship, Hammond9. Sam Cirrincione, The Field Church, Mandeville10. Derek Kitterlin, New Life Community Church, Covington11. Elltore Austin, Still Water, Hammond12. Ramon Rodriguez, Fuente de Agua Viva, Albany13. Marvin Mercado, Iglesia Agua Viva, Pearl River14. Ramon Rodriguez, Vida Nueva, Ponchatoula15. Larry Lucas Jr., Faith Church, Franklinton