Give Georgia Barnette a Hug For Me!
Each year, Louisiana Baptist churches give over $1.5 million to the Georgia Barnette State Missions Offering. 100% of this money goes to fund various missions projects throughout Louisiana. So far in 2016, 37% of last year’s offering has been disbursed & it is fun to watch this offering at work! Here’s some of what it’s doing so far this year:
- Supporting 74 church plants across Louisiana. $132,000 so far!
- Supporting the work of 39 different Compassion Ministries across Louisiana & 3 Seaman Ministry Centers reaching out to International Seafarer’s docking in Louisiana. $21,750 so far!
- Provides funding for the Baptist Mission Builder Program which mobilizes construction volunteers & provides contracting services for the building or renovating of first unit buildings for new churches across Louisiana. $27,800 so far!
- Provides training & networking opportunities for church planters, disaster relief volunteers, & missions leaders across Louisiana, including camps for kids in RA & GA programs & Missions conferences for Elementary through High School. $64,000 so far!
- Provides money for special evangelism projects & block parties across Louisiana.
- Provides money for Prison revivals & outreaches across Louisiana.
- Supporting the work of Collegiate Ministry teams across Louisiana. $85,000 so far!
- Supporting the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary Extension at Angola. $30,000 annually.
- Provides money for Literacy training, Multi-housing ministry, Chaplaincy training, Pregnancy Resource centers, & Inner City ministries. $38,000 so far!
Still around $1 million to be dispersed this year for these & other ministries across our state! Grateful for the generosity of Louisiana Baptist churches who contribute to this offering that generates so much incredible ministry in Louisiana.
Last year a church planter that had received support through Georgia Barnette texted me to say thank you & he said, “I’m going to give you a hug next time I see you.” I texted back, “Instead of that, give Georgia Barnette a hug for us both next time the offering rolls around.”
This years goal is $1.8 million. For the sake of the Gospel & ministries across our state, I hope you & your church plan on giving Georgia Barnette a hug this year too!