2016 Church Planting Scoreboard
Yea, I love whiteboards… First scoreboard update for Louisiana Baptists Church Planting in 2016.
A few Observations:
- 73% of church starts since 2014 have been in south Louisiana, where 70% of Louisiana’s population & 35% of Southern Baptist churches are.
- 2/3 of church plants have been non-Anglo, so hopefully we’re making progress toward our “every people group” objectives from the President’s 2020 Commission a few years ago.
- This year, we should eclipse 10,000 new commitments to Christ since 2010 in our church plants years 1-3.
- Salvations & baptisms were down last year which may reflect more churches in first year cultivation stage or more in south Louisiana’s harder to reach areas.
- Currently 78 projects receiving Cooperative Program funding across Louisiana.
- Grateful for planters, partners, generous churches, & the prospect of 1,000+ new people coming into the kingdom this year through our efforts to plant new churches.
Check out these resources to help you get started on your church planting journey:
- 10 Biblical & Practical Ways to Get Involved in Church Planting
- Every Church Can Encourage Church Planting and Multiplication
- Every Church Can Be a Church Planting Partner
- Your Church Can Be a Parent to a New Church or Campus
Connect with other church planters in Louisiana by joining our Facebook Group – Louisiana Church Multiplication Network.