Supporting Church Planters
Here’s some great ideas from George Ross for supporting church planters both near & far. CLICK HERE to read George’s latest update on church planting in New Orleans for this list & much more.
PLANTER SUPPORT IDEAS:
- Baby shower for expecting planters. Have your church host a baby shower for an expectant planter. A partner church hosted a shower last year and provided a planting couple with diapers, baby food and clothes, and a freezer FULL of food. What a blessing!
- Monthly Volunteers for childcare during Worship. SEND New Orleans has several partner churches that take one worship service a month and send a volunteer team to do childcare. This allows overworked volunteers to come and worship with their church family.
- Date night and childcare for a planter. One of the greatest barriers planters face in cultivating a healthy marriage, is simply finding childcare and resources to make it happen. Plan to send a team down to provide childcare and a dinner gift card. I promise it will be a blessing.
- Church Planter Profiles prayer strategy. The greatest partnership a planter can have is a faithful church praying for their family and work. Visit the NAMB website and download church planter profiles today, CLICK HERE for SEND New Orleans Church Planter Profiles.
- Hosting a Global Impact Conference at your church. Having a church planter come and share at a GIC is a powerful way to communicate and challenge your church to participate in local and global missions. Get more information on the benefits of a Global Impact Conference over at George’s Blog.
- Pastor Appreciation Month. Unlike many established churches with a rich tradition of pastor appreciation, church plants reaching un-churched and de-churched people rarely have a background in pastor appreciation. Use this October as an opportunity to appreciate your church plant pastor. Click HERE for some great resources for pastor appreciation from the North American Mission Board.