Why Multi-Site Church? 6 Benefits
- those churches have experienced a combined 30% growth in attendance since becoming multi-site.
- 80% have experienced growth in worship & small groups.
- Half have included a church merger or gifting of a building from a declining church as part of the multisite development.
- Half have requested & received cooperative funding from the Missions & Ministries Team of our state convention for the new sites.
- ALL of them were growing churches BEFORE multisite development, not BECAUSE of multi-site development.
One of the big takeaways: Multisite is NOT a tool for getting your church to grow, but to multiply your growing DNA to a new community.
Dennis Watson, Pastor of Celebration Church in New Orleans, which has 6 campuses & planning more gives six benefits of a Multisite Campus Strategy, Multi-site enables your church to:
- Grow larger and smaller at the same time.
- Overcome geographic and cultural barriers to reach new people.
- Address more community needs and provide more community support.
- Involve more people in growth and outreach opportunities.
- Staff with generalists and specialists, so that both groups can be utilized.
- Provide a new church vibe with a big church punch.
How can our church know if multisite is in our future:
- Do you have a vision for church revitalization that may include merging with a declining congregation?
- Are you running out of space, but do not feel led to build bigger?
- Has your church been in decline and could possibly be a candidate for merging with a sister congregation?
- Take this MultiSiteDiagnosis Self Assessment.
Doing some Multi-Site readiness roundtables this week in southeast Louisiana. Let me know if you’d like more info.