Why Multi-Site Church? 6 Benefits
Multi-site Church development continues to be a great tool for multiplying & revitalize churches. A few observations about current multi-site churches among Louisiana Baptists,
- those churches have experienced a combined 30% growth in attendance since becoming multi-site.
- 80% have experienced growth in worship & small groups.
- Half have included a church merger or gifting of a building from a declining church as part of the multisite development.
- Half have requested & received cooperative funding from the Missions & Ministries Team of our state convention for the new sites.
- ALL of them were growing churches BEFORE multisite development, not BECAUSE of multi-site development.
One of the big takeaways: Multisite is NOT a tool for getting your church to grow, but to multiply your growing DNA to a new community.
Dennis Watson, Pastor of Celebration Church in New Orleans, which has 6 campuses & planning more gives six benefits of a Multisite Campus Strategy, Multi-site enables your church to:
- Grow larger and smaller at the same time.
- Overcome geographic and cultural barriers to reach new people.
- Address more community needs and provide more community support.
- Involve more people in growth and outreach opportunities.
- Staff with generalists and specialists, so that both groups can be utilized.
- Provide a new church vibe with a big church punch.
How can our church know if multisite is in our future:
- Do you have a vision for church revitalization that may include merging with a declining congregation?
- Are you running out of space, but do not feel led to build bigger?
- Has your church been in decline and could possibly be a candidate for merging with a sister congregation?
- Take this MultiSiteDiagnosis Self Assessment.
Doing some Multi-Site readiness roundtables this week in southeast Louisiana. Let me know if you’d like more info.
Posted on August 13, 2015, in Church Planting, Louisiana Baptists and tagged Church Planting, Multisite. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
I think it is a great idea to have multiple sites for the same church. I think that because if you are out of your own town you could go to a different church but it would be the same as your one back home. I also think it is great that there would be more people who believe in the same things as you do and that creates unity.