Reach Out to Families at Local Festivals with this #Outreach Idea
Wherever you’re planting, you MUST connect with local festivals in some way. Festival outreach allows you to:
- Connect with local community leaders who are organizing the festival. These people need to know you care.
- Puts you out where people are already gathering, so part of your work is done. (Three keys to church planting: GATHER, GATHER, GATHER).
- Demonstrates that you are FOR the community & want to be a part of local culture making.
- Have a little fun with your team.
- & more.
Our community has a rich festival culture, so we’ve found a number of ways to serve over the last 10 years. Best advice:
- Go on their terms. Ask what’s needed first. First year, just be a volunteer & get to know the festival.
- Second or third year, you’ll know better if you can add something unique to what the festival offers.
This was the fourth year that our church helped out with the 4th of July Celebration in our area & we were able to offer a new idea based on the needs of our community & dynamics of the festival.
Need: There are a ton of families with small children in our community & no changing tables in the festival area. This is true of most festival areas by the way.
Solution: Baby Changing & Cooling Station. Gear from our Church Nursery, Wipes, Diapers, Juice boxes, snacks, connection cards, newsletter sign up page. Less than $100 to meet a great need & make some great connections.