Why Bother with Evangelism?
Posted by Lane Corley
Bridge Church in Madisonville is in the midst of a sermon series called Why Bother? We’re looking at things culture is pressing us to devalue but God counts as of great value. Evangelism has long been at the top of the list for our culture, as we hate for people to “push religion on us.” But it’s also devalued by Christians because of our fears.
So, Why Bother with Evangelism? Four Reasons:
- God’s heart for the world should lead us to bother with evangelism (John 3:16, 2 Corinthians 5:19, 2 Peter 3:9)
- Jesus life & work demands & he commands that we bother with Evangelism (Matthew 28:18-20)
- The World is Broken & Breaking & we will be held accountable for our neglect of evangelism (Isaiah 59:2; Hebrews 9:27: Ezekiel 3:18)
- The Natural Flow of the Spiritually Growing Christian will be to give & share God’s heart & Jesus’ work with others & to care deeply about restoring the broken world (1 Peter 3:15; John 15:16; Acts 1:8; Matthew 4:19)
What would you add to this list?
Hear the sermon in its entirety along with the rest of the series here, or on Itunes (search Bridge Northshore).
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
About Lane CorleyI am - Follower of Jesus Christ - Husband to the beautiful and patient Heather Corley - Father of two young men: Jackson (17), Hudson (13). And one Princess: Katherine Jubilee or “Kate” (7) - Church Planter / Church Planting Strategist for the Louisiana Baptist Convention. - When I can I’m reading, gardening, deer hunting, on mission with my church. - Hoping to be helpful to others & fruitful for God.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.