What’s Happening in Louisiana Baptist Missions?
Tuesday, was the Louisiana Baptists Executive Board meeting, which means the Louisiana Missions Support Committee & State Missions Offering Committee met as well. These two teams are made up of members of Louisiana Baptist churches & they get to oversee church planting & missions work & the spending of missions $$ in our state. Always a lot of fun to sit in on these meetings! A few big takeaways from this week:
- The Mission Support Committee approved 20 new churches, 3 new compassion ministries, $725k in cooperative funding between sponsor churches, associations, North American Mission Board & the Louisiana Baptist Convention.
- In the current recording cycle, Louisiana Baptist churches have given $4 million to Lottie Moon Offering for International Missions, $2.1 million to Annie Armstrong Offering for North American Missions, $174k to the World Hunger Fund, & $1.6 Million to the Georgia Barnette Offering for Louisiana Missions.
- and this team gets to give away the $1.6 million. Allocated: $200k for first unit buildings for church plants, $828k for church planting supplements, $410k for special mission projects, $125k for the Mission Builder Program, $95k for scholarships, $224k for missions training & promotion.
- We reported 18 new churches started so far in 2015. 3 in north Louisiana, 15 in south Louisiana, & 13 multi-ethnic & non-anglo. 60% to our goal of 30 for the year.
- We also broke ground on the Georgia Barnette Conference Center, which will be a state of the art gathering space for missions training & more at Tall Timbers Conference Center in central Louisiana.
I’m humbled to be a part of the process of starting churches, raising & dispersing resources through the work of Louisiana Baptists. Grateful for the generosity of Southern Baptist Churches in Louisiana who continue to give that the gospel may be shared, disciples made, & churches started for the people of Louisiana & beyond.
Keep up with the work of Louisiana Baptist Church Planters on our Facebook Group. And follow events & happening throughout the Louisiana Baptist Convention at LouisianaBaptists.org.
Posted on May 7, 2015, in Louisiana Baptists and tagged Church Planting, Louisiana Baptists, Southern Baptist Convention. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
I noticed your site’s ranking in google’s search results is very low.
You are loosing a lot of traffic. You need hi Page Rank backlinks
to rank in top 10. I know – buying them is too expensive.
It is better to own them. I know how to do that,
simply google it:
Polswor’s Backlinks Source