How Much Does it Cost Your Church to Reach One Person for Christ?
Got an interesting question that has me working the calculator this morning. How much money does it take to reach a person for Christ in the average SBC Church? So many factors could be thrown in to the equation here, but just some quick figuring in a few major population areas in Louisiana.
- A sample of 66 churches in one city spent $40,845,337 in 2013.
- The same 66 churches reported 503 baptisms in 2013.
- So it took this group of 66 churches $81,203 to baptize one person.
- Looking at the new churches in this group of 66, the total spent per baptism went down to $21,276.
- I’m guessing, it will go up for the age of the church, but more study will be needed.
How much does it cost your church to baptize one new convert? is this a good question to gauge our effectiveness? What do these figures tell us about our churches?