“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent” Jesus, John 6:29 NIV.
Spiritual leadership requires taking care of a lot of details. Big & small. It’s all demanding. Relationships are hard & messy. Weekends are long. If you’re in vocational ministry, money is tight, vacations are short. But you can make it, if you can KEEP BELIEVING.
The greatest battle in life & leadership often rest in my ability to believe.
- Will I believe that God can use me?
- Will I believe that Jesus is Lord & has “all authority in heaven & earth” Matthew 28:18 & is willing to direct that authority toward me & my church?
- Will I believe that Jesus is with me & desires to work through me?
- Will I believe that life is short & heaven & hell beg us for urgency?
- Will I believe that “with God everything is possible” Matthew 19:26?
- Will I believe that this mission is possible?
And will I keep believing:
- When attendance is low?
- When volunteers don’t show up?
- When criticism comes my way?
- When people don’t respond to my ideas?
- When other ministries grow faster than mine?
- When I’m discouraged?
- When I’m tired?
- When I’m lonely?
- When I’m afraid?
- When circumstances seem to be arrayed against me?
What does God want me to do? Believe Him!