The Solution for Church Health and Revitalization
- The people that have left your church are not coming back.
- Your sponsor church is probably not going to send you any more people.
- If you have denominational funding, it will not flow forever.
- You might attract a few people from another church with a “night of worship” or “Deeper Bible Studies” or “the best ___ ministry in the area” but there’ll eventually be more attractive shows than yours.
- There are not likely to be an influx of evangelicals move into your community.
The answer for the questions, “How do we grow?” “How do we survive?” “How do we turn it around?” AND “How do we grow the kingdom?” “How do we obey Jesus?” IS:
“GO and MAKE DISCIPLES of ALL nations…” Matthew 28:19.
The solution Jesus gives us for church health, kingdom growth, world transformation is REACHING NEW PEOPLE WITH THE GOSPEL. And it’s a solution with “ALL AUTHORITY” backing it (Matthew 28:18).
Not new or better staff, facilities, music, kids ministry, etc. Those are steps along the way of a churches obedience to Jesus’ great solution.
What solutions are you seeking? If it doesn’t include taking the gospel to unchurched people in your community and beyond, SCRAP IT & start over at Matthew 28:18-20.
Posted on November 7, 2013, in Church. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
Pingback: Being On Mission Stinks, Why is Local Outreach So Hard? and other top posts for 2013 | Lane Corley
Pingback: When We Can’t Go On: Scenarios for a Church in Need of Radical Revitalization | Lane Corley
Pingback: Church Revitalization Tools | Lane Corley