God Gives Leaders for My Protection and Guidance
Posted by Lane Corley
God’s gifts to believers in Christ include most importantly Jesus Christ, salvation & eternal life through Him. Also, the Holy Spirit who empowers us for life & ministry. But another one of the gifts God gives us is qualified, godly leaders (Ephesians 4:11) that serve us through teaching, encouraging, protecting, guiding, providing accountability, help us grow, etc. The New Testament gives us some great snapshots of what these leaders will look like in passages like Titus 1:6-9 & 1 Timothy 3:1-7. But what does this truth say about me & you? If God gives leaders to his church, I need leaders in my life to protect me, guide me, equip me, keep me accountable, etc. Hebrews 13:17 says, “Obey your leaders & submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls… Let them do this with joy & not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.”
So a few questions:
- Am I allowing myself to be equipped by God-given leaders in my life?
- Am I isolated without spiritual protection & guidance in my life?
- Am I allowing Godly leaders to keep watch over my soul?
- Am giving joy to those that God has given to help me grow spiritually?
- Is God calling me to lead others, taking responsibility for their spiritual growth?
Don’t be isolated or think you can go it alone spiritually. Connect with a church, small group or both & ask God to put leaders in your life who will protect, guide, equip, & lead you to be all He desires you to be.
From my Bridge Church message notes from Sunday. Join Bridge Church this month for our study of the book of Titus called Bringing the Church into Focus. Sunday’s, 10:30am at the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)