Generosity is About More than Money
Posted by Lane Corley
If you leave a big tip, but act rudely toward the waitress, are you still a generous person? Probably not. Generosity is about more than money.
- It’s about our eyes – what do you see when you see the needs of the world? Potential distractions? People that need to get a grip? The generous see opportunities to help & solve problems & serve others.
- It’s about our words – How do we talk to others? Are you generous with encouragement & praise for others? Do you give or take away with how you talk to people?
- It’s about our hands – Are we willing to serve? Are we willing to give with our energy, time, strength, etc.?
- It’s about our feet – Are you willing to go to difficult places? To step out of your comfort zone? To do things that you wouldn’t choose, to strengthen a relationship with another person?
- It’s about our motives – Do you just help people that can help you in return? Do you only serve when people are looking?
“I don’t have much money” is not an excuse for a lack of generosity. There are a multitude of ways that you can give life to others today.
“…the righteous gives and does not hold back” Proverbs 21:26 NASB.
Join Bridge Church this Sunday as we continue our study through the book of Proverbs. 10:30am at the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum in Madisonville.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
About Lane CorleyI am - Follower of Jesus Christ - Husband to the beautiful and patient Heather Corley - Father of two rowdy young men: Jackson (18), Hudson (14). And one Princess: Katherine Jubilee or “Kate” (8) - Church Planter / Church Planting Strategist with the Louisiana Baptist Convention. - When I can I’m reading, raised bed gardening, deer hunting, on mission with my church. - Hoping to be helpful to others & fruitful for God.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.