“Find a good spouse, you find a good life-and even more: the favor of God!” Prov 18:22 (MSG)
Reflecting this morning on 13 years of marriage to my gift from God, Heather Johnson Corley. Last year I wrote 12 things I’m thankful for after 12 years of marriage. I’ve updated my list & added one.
- “Find a good spouse, you find a good life-and even more: the favor of God!” Proverbs 18:22 (MSG). Thank God for showing His favor by giving me you!
- I started noticing in year one – People like me better when you’re around. Thanks for completing me.
- Finally realized around year three – I am better when you’re around. Thanks for making me better than I am.
- Two are better than one, because they never quit at the same time. Thanks for helping me persevere through tough times.
- It’s OK to not iron the tucked in portion of the shirt. Thanks for helping me to not sweat small stuff.
- A mother’s voice is a powerful weapon (Proverbs 31:26). Thanks for being a great voice of encouragement & empowerment to my boys.
- Unselfishness is a pre-requisite for success in almost everything, especially marriage. Thanks for demonstrating how to put others first so clearly.
- I’ve noticed, families that serve together make a greater impact & have more joy over the long haul. Thanks for serving along side me and opening my eyes to new opportunities everyday.
- Marriage is humiliating, because you can’t hide who you really are. Thanks for being patient and forgiving.
- Beauty is only skin deep, and I’m thankful for a wife who’s smokin hot, inside and out.
- Peach cobbler and red meat are still my favorites. Thanks for always going out of your way to know my favorites.
- “Lane, you know we only hired you, b/c we met your wife.” Thanks for inspiring confidence in me and others. I’m a better man because of you.
- And now we’ve got a little girl to grow up to be just like you!
Posted on July 31, 2012, in Marriage & Family, Reflecting. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment