A Disciple is: Self-Feeder, Easy-Bleeder, Passionate-Breeder
Loved this statement of values and definition of discipleship by a new church out west:
…a community bent on extending God’s Kingdom by building relationships that point to Jesus.
— Impacting our culture outside the church walls.
— Going into the world and Serving those in need.
— Invading secular space by gathering at beaches, coffee houses, parks, homes etc.
We Value… growing, worshipping and serving in community and making disciples who are…
- Developing habits that bring us to maturity in Christ
- Practicing accountability in the area of personal growth
2. Easy-Bleeders (Sacrificing self for others)
- Involving ourselves in social justice endeavors
- Participating in missional opportunities…serving the poor and needy
3. Passionate-Breeders (Multiplying God’s kingdom)
- Going into the world, engaging our culture to build relationships that point to Christ
- Making disciples who make disciples
Agreed! Praying for more Self-Feeders, Easy-Bleeders, Passionate-Breeders.
via Dave Devries.