“One of our chief sins is that we school our students in the works of preachers with large churches and then brutally send them into the world of small churches…”
“When you read your church’s bulletin and determine the invitation you offer, you will know whether your church is a community center or the globalizing, wounded arm of the Savior.”
“Church planting as a movement has lost its way and is in need of rescuing.”
We confess that we have made church planting more about…
- Building our little kingdoms instead of advancing his glorious Kingdom.
- Reaching “more of those” instead of the “least of these”.
- Puffing our own Narcissism instead of His glory and honor.
- Advancing our own personal mission instead of embracing his mission.
- Producing weekend services instead of reproducing the “Body of Christ”.
- Being relevant instead of proclaiming his liberating revelation.
From the Twittersphere:
- Tim Peters “Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” Vince Lombardi
- Jeff Vanderstelt Its impossible to forgive someone if you feel superior to him – Keller
- 30 Second MBA Pessimists see difficulty in every opportunity. Optimists see opportunity in every difficulty. ~Winston Churchill
- Mark Driscoll “I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They’ve experienced pain and bought jewelry.” – Rita Rudner
- Rick Howerton Anyone who wants to make a big difference must first make a big decision… I will sacrifice all if necessary.
- FocusLeadership Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln
- Rick Warren If couples put even half as much thought preparing for marriage as they give to the wedding, there’d be fewer divorces.
- EntreLeadership “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” – Henry Ford
- Eric Geiger Assimilation and transformation are not the same thing…