Good Reads in 2011, part 2
I started a blog in 2006, because I enjoyed writing and creating and as a bit of a personal journal. I also saw it as a great way to put the stuff I couldn’t get out of the trunk in the sermon writing and delivering process. I thought I’d post sermon illustrations and stories I didn’t use, that people responded well to, and study helps that I utilized. It’s still a personal journal of sorts and I’m glad a few people choose to read it. And my mom doesn’t even have a computer, so I know it’s not her over and over again :)). So for what it’s worth…
- Discipleship and Choice – “American Christianity has become about choices … And these choices are for the most part self-focused… The question is, How does this square with the New Testament picture of a disciple or follower of Christ?”
- Warning! Do Not Let This Person Join Your Church! I’ve had a few pastors tell me they put this on the agenda at their monthly business meeting :)).
- Put Your Faith in Action! Why? – 20 Reasons for putting your faith in action.
- 12 Things I’m Thankful for After 12 Years of Marriage
- Can Baptist Dance? and Other Recent Questions
- Distinguishing Marks of a Quarrelsome Person
- How Can My Church Get Involved in Church Planting and Multiplication?
- Are You A Church Curmudgeon?
- Ode to Mommy – My youngest son’s first original song.
- Assessing the Need for New Churches – Why do we need new churches when we have so many already?
Posted on December 29, 2011, in Helpful Links, Reflecting. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment