Northshore Pastors Utilizing Social Media for Ministry
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is big news. It’s a message to be declared, proclaimed, announced, and distributed to as many people as we can as often as we can. God’s work among His people is also news and a story that needs to be told. The tools that churches have relied upon to announce their message and distribute their stories are the pulpit, newsletters, letters and post cards, phone trees, scrolling power point announcements, and email. As a Pastor, my church utilized each of these tools and still I heard regularly from people in my church – “I didn’t know anything about that.” Communication is definitely one of our biggest challenges. Also challenging is the fact that a generation is here that is abandoning paper and phone lines for wireless messaging and social networking. Many pastors and churches are beginning to take communication to another level and engage the world in the fastest growing means of messaging that we have today and utilize the world of Social Media.
Check out some of our Northshore pastor blogs:
- Waylon Bailey, waylonbailey.com – Pastor FBC Covington.
- Pete Charpentier, godswordapplied.blogspot.com – Pastor Woodland Park Baptist Church, Hammond.
- Lane Corley, lanecorley.wordpress.com – Pastor/Church Planter Bridge Church & NSBA Church Planting Strategists.
- Randy Davis, kudzuvine.org – Pastor, Trinity Baptist Church, Hammond
- Avery Dixon, www.misfitjoys.com – Pastor Hope Church of Waldheim.
- Jeremy Harper, adesperateseeker.wordpress.com – Worship Leader at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Hammond
- Jay Johnston, jayjohnston.org – Associate Pastor at FBC Covington
- Matt Marrs, worshiptoolbelt.wordpress.com/ – Creative/Worship Leader at Bridge Church.
- Tobey Pitman, thechurchbreakingout.wordpress.com – NSBA Community Ministries Strategist.
- Ken Schroeder, kenschroeder.wordpress.com – Pastor FBC Mandeville & NSBA Vice-Moderator
- Nathan VanHorn, fbcfolsompastor.blogspot.com – Pastor FBC Folsom
Check out these resources on Social Media and Ministry:
- Why I Want to Write A Blog by Waylon Bailey
- How to Start a Blog by Tim Challies
- Utiilizing Social Networking in Ministry by Lane Corley – Presentation for Ministry Assistants Conference in 2010.
- All About RSS by Tim Challies – the best way to follow blogs and news sites.