10 Years Ago Today,
Heather and I were unloading our U-Haul in Covington, LA to begin a Church Planting journey. We’ve added 20 lbs (that’s me, not Heather), a few gray hairs, 2 more Corley’s, lots of great friendships and changed lives, not a few sleepless nights and lessons learned. And now I’m more convinced than ever that:
- God is a great provider and is sufficient for any and every situation.
- God is a sender. And sometime he sends us into uncertainty and high water.
- Experience in church planting just means you know how difficult its going to be.
- New churches are needed to reach the 60% of people who are not being sought by current ministry models.
- Church must become more reproducible and easily multiplied if we’re going to reach the world for Christ.
- A good wife is more valuable than a seminary degree. Or anything else I can think of for that matter.
- Church Planters have more fun.
I’ve kept a journal of things I’ve overheard and noted over the past 10 years. Sharing some of that later.