Links I Liked/Learned From this week:
- The Most Important Thing Your Church Will Ever Do. “I believe any definition of fruitfulness for a local church must include the planting of new congregations” ~ Rick Warren
- Moving from “Church Membership” to “Mission Partnership” – by Will Mancini. Our church has been using the word “partner” instead of “member.” I like Mancini’s reasoning here. “Membership is culturally hijacked terminology by its use from country clubs to platinum cards. Partnership is a term that carries less baggage and brings new metaphors biblically.” Also check out Mancini’s Visual Summary to Church Unique.
- 8 Ways to Easily Be Missional. “Missional is not an event we tack onto our already busy lives. It is our life. Mission should be the way we live.”
- 4 Shifts Necessary to Become a Reproducing Church by Dave Ferguson. Church Growth to Missional Movement, Ministry Manager to Spiritual Entrepeneur, Owning to Renting Leasing or Borrowing, Reactive to Proactive.
- Seth Godin on Being Stuck. Seems more and more of my generation of men are dealing with being stuck.
- Dear Church…Go and Multiply. “Church multiplication is a spiritual decision of a church to put the needs of a desperate world before self-preservation.”