#Exponential 2011 Notes: Neil Cole
- If we’re going to reach the world, we’re going to have to learn to multiply.
- The silver bullet of church multiplication = “Christ in you, the hope of glory” Colossians 1:27. The power to start a movement is within every Christian.
- Exponential growth always starts slow and small but builds momentum over time. We’re often seduced to want to start big and fast. We stop doing what multiplies and start doing what adds, because we lose patience.
- Movements are most vulnerable at the start. Why? (1) Seduction of addition, (2) development of leadership dependency issues instead of empowering disciples, (3) misplaced faith – instead of in Christ’s power we put faith in our strategies and plans.
- Don’t plant churches, plant Jesus. Church doesn’t change lives, Jesus does.
- Leadership dependency kills movements.