STRONG – Highlights from our Bridge Church Message Series on Ephesians
Through the Church at Ephesus, the Bible says all of Asia heard the word of the Lord. It was one of the most effective churches, which makes this a very important letter and church to study in our day of declining churches and out paced church growth compared to population. Here are a few highlights from our recent study. Find the messages at http://bridgenorthshore.com.
- The Gospel pushes us to the heart of the matter. It confronts our idolatry. It pushes us to see who is really king of our hearts.
- Do you go to church? No, we are the church. Quit going to church and start being the church where you are. Quit inviting people to church and invite them into your lives.
- You teach what you know, you reproduce who you are.
- Salvation is a transaction. We give Christ our sins, he give us forgiveness and freedom through redemption. Our sins are placed on him, his righteousness is placed on us.
- God chose me knowing the worst about me, he adopted me into his family, and he accepts me as he would his own son.
- You’re worth something to God. You’re very valuable to God. You’re worth dying for. You’re worth giving everything for.
- Sin is really not an issue of what you DO, but of what you fail TO DO. It is that you fail to Glorify God.
- You don’t access God’s strength with casual Christianity, you access it when by faith you do something you can’t do in your own power.
- Church is more than just attending worship services, it’s about serving together. A family on mission together. Church is not the destination, it’s a connection point. An airport, not a theme park. Church is a post office, not a government agency. Sending letters. Creating, not stifling movement.
- What needs are going unmet because you are not using your SHAPE to serve God? What lives are being untouched because you are not ministering in practical ways?
- Marriage Defined: A SACRED RELATIONSHIP between ONE MAN & ONE WOMAN, to be practiced within the confines of a COVENANT or LIFE LONG COMMITMENT. Genesis 2:24; Hebrews 13:4
- Defining Love – AGAPE – sacrificial, initiative taking love. The kind of Love that Christ had for the church.
- Two attitudes that every God-like Christian should use in regard to relationships: “It’s not about me” and “I’ll do whatever it takes.”
- In Christ, we do not fight FOR VICTORY; we fight FROM VICTORY.
- For the Christian, spiritual warfare is never an attempt to gain the victory. It’s standing firm in the victory we already possess.