Highlights from our Upside Down Inside Out Series
Yesterday we finished up a series of messages at Bridge Church on Upside Down Kingdom Principles. Looked at Humility: The Way Up is Down, Generosity: In Giving Away We Receive, Problems: Joy in Trials, Salvation: Working Out What God Works In, and some others. Find most of the series at http://www.bridgenorthshore.com. Our recording equipment turned upside down on us and we missed two weeks. But here is a few of my favorite quotes from the series:
- The basement is the penthouse, in God’s kingdom.
- The best cure for illness is death. It kills the cancer every time.
- “I am more broken and sinful than I ever dared to believe and at the same time because of Jesus, I am more loved and accepted than I ever dared to hope.”
- God’s love for you is not based on anything that you can do or not do. It’s based completely upon the work of Christ.
- There is nothing that we can do to enact our own salvation. If there were, the cross would have not been necessary.
- Faith is like the brain. The best evidence of brain function is motor function.
- The way up is down in God’s kingdom.
- “the cross undermines our self-righteousness, and we can stand before it only with a bowed head and a broken spirit” – John Stott in The Cross of Christ.
- Pride is the only disease in the world that makes everyone sick except the person who has it.
- There are no shortcuts to spiritual growth or greatness in the kingdom of God.
- The only way out of a trial is through it, & the more trials we go through, the stronger we will be.
- What is my greatest need during this problem? Not a vacation. Not a pill. Not a counselor. Not rescue. Not revenge. IT’S WISDOM.
- When there is no other answer, perseverance is the answer.
- God’s more interested in your character, than your comfort. He wants you to be more like Christ.