Church Planting on the Northshore – Update
My full report published in the Northshore Baptist Association Book of Reports for 2009-2010.
It’s been a joy and privilege to serve the Northshore Baptist Associations in 2009-2010. We’ve had a great year of plantingand harvesting. Here’s a report from several of our missions:
- Light by the Lake Filippino Mission, led by Pastor Lito Magbanua and sponsored by Northside Baptist in Slidell. Light by the Lake has Worship Gatherings in Slidell, Kenner, Baton Rouge, Gulfport, and Mobile. They have also, recently held Worship Gatherings and conducted outreach on the property of Talisheek Baptist Church, which has been closed for almost 10 years. Contact them at 985.201.7538, email@example.com, 61141 Hwy. 1091, Slidell LA 70458.
- Calvary Spanish in Slidell, led by Pastor Franciso Saavedra and sponsored by Calvary Baptist in Slidell. Calvary overcame several challenges this year with Pastor Francisco’s health and issues related to their current meeting place in Slidell. Pray that God will open a door for a new location for them. Contact Pastor Francisco at 985-774-7009, 1615 Old Spanish Trail, Slidell LA 70458.
- Iglesia Cristo Redentor, led by Pastor Humberto Medina and sponsored by FBC Mandeville, celebrated their 4th Anniversary this year with 120+ in attendance. 985-626-3217, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1895 Hwy.190, Mandeville LA 70448.
- Cristos Para Todos, Natalbany & Grace Spanish in Folsom, led by Pastor David Prichard and sponsored by Natalbany Baptist and Grace Baptist. We are grateful for David Prichard and the incredible work he has done expanding our ministry to Hispanics on the Northshore. This year, he will be retiring and leaving behind two healthy congregations that are ready to go to the next level. Thanks Pastor David! 985-902-9947, email@example.com, 25 Whitmar Dr., Hammond LA 70401.
- Bridge Church / West St. Tammany Mission, led by Lane Corley and sponsored by Bedico Baptist Church. Bedico sent a team of eight from its congregation to reach out to the growing communities in West St. Tammany. Bridge Church is currently meeting at the West St. Tammany YMCA, as well as leading worship gatherings at the St. Tammany Parish Jail and Oak Villa Mobile Home Park in Covington. 985.893.3922, firstname.lastname@example.org, PO Box 1336, Madisonville, LA 70447.
- Crossbrand Cowboy Church, led by Randy & Tammy Smith and sponsored by Crossgate Baptist Church in Robert, completed their first phase facility this year and baptized 50! Wow! They meet every Sunday afternoon and Gathering include horse back riding, rodeo, and the biggest item in their budget is Stock Feed. They are doing an incredible job reaching the population segment that wears boots and hats. More cowboy churches are needed on the Northshore in my estimation. Contact Randy and Tammy at 985-878-2699 or 985-215-8702.
- Stillwater Baptist, led by Pastor Lonnie Tucker and sponsored by Woodland Park in Hammond, renovated and moved into a new building in Hammond. They are preparing to officially constitute and become a full member in our Association. 985-340-4906, email@example.com, 104 Angeli Drive Hammond, Louisiana 70401.
- Jesus the Center in Slidell, led by Ramon Sams and sponsored by Calvary Baptist in Slidell, moved to a new location this year and continue to reach new people in central Slidell. Contact Pastor Ramon at 985-285-8483, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also, in 2010 we celebrated with two of our church plants as they constituted and moved from mission status to full membership in our Association. Congrats to Thompson Road Baptist, sponsored by Calvary in Slidell and Pastored by Randy Boyette and Crossroads Church in Hammond, sponsored by Trinity Baptist and Pastored by Asah Hudgins.
Reaching the Northshore and North America for Christ is too big a task for one church. New Church Multiplication is one of the best ways for us to work our fields to the edges. And every church can get involved. I’m looking forward to working with our new Church Multiplication Team in 2011, as we continue to glorify God by cooperating in kingdom ministries to fulfill the Great Commission.