Leadership is Lacking when…
Love this list from Dave & Jon Ferguson’s new book Exponential: How You and Your Friends Can Start a Missional Church Movement. Take the test…
- I wait for someone to tell me what to do rather than taking the initiative myself.
- I spend too much time talking about how things should be different.
- I blame the context, surroundings, or other people for my current situation.
- I am more concerned about being cool or accepted than doing the right thing.
- I seek consensus rather than casting vision for a preferable future.
- I am not taking any significant risks.
- I accept the status quo as the way it’s always been and always will be.
- I start protecting my reputation instead of opening myself up to opposition.
- I procrastinate to avoid making a tough call.
- I talk to others about the problem rather than taking it to the person responsible.
- I don’t feel like my butt is on the line for anything significant.
- I ask for way too many opinions before taking action.
Amen and Ouch!
Posted on May 5, 2010, in Books worth reading, Church Planting, Ministry. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment