Faith in Action Sunday this Weekend!
A value we’ve communicated at Bridge Church is Intentional Ministry. To act upon that we’ve began quarterly Faith in Action Sunday’s. That is, one Sunday per quarter, we have breakfast together, an abbreviated worship gathering and we head out to serve our community in practical ways. Why? Here’s a few reasons:
- To be intentional about the sending nature of the church.
- To make disciples who understand that the Christian life is about more than just attending worship services.
- To engage the real needs that we often never notice on our way to church.
- To build group cohesiveness as we accomplish big things together.
- Ministry and mission trips are proven ways to transform our worldviews.
- To demonstrate radical generosity that Jesus modeled for us in his life and death.
- To share the gospel outside the walls of the church.
- To bring about community transformation.
- To join God in fighting for the rights of the poor and down trodden.
- To create a culture of intentionality, going and sending, compassion and engagement, radical generosity, and sharing the Gospel.
Here are a few of our projects for this Sunday:
A porch/ramp for the residents of this mobile home. Two of the three people living here have suffered multiple strokes. It’s a struggle to get in and out of their home. A porch and ramp are needed to improve their quality of life.
Clean up for the elderly resident of a local trailer park. His mode of transportation is a bike, so he is unable to haulaway debris. We’ll also be weatherizing this and other trailers.
Serving at an area Nursing Home. Our kids ministry will be bringing some joy to one of our largest Nursing Homes in the region by helping decorate for Valentine’s Day, serving lunch, and calling out Bingo numbers for the residents.
Practical, simple, inexpensive ways to make a difference in our community and in our vision for our community and world. Looking forward to the after affect of Intentional Ministry.