10 Easy Ways to Know You’re Not a Leader, from Killing Cockroaches by Tony Morgan
Just finished the book Killing Cockroaches by Tony Morgan. A book of posts from Morgan’s popular blog on strategy, leadership, etc., etc., etc. The book and the blog are well worth your time. Loved the practical, personal nature of the book which demonstrates how leaders should learn and grow and teach as we process everyday life and leadership. Blogging is a tremendous tool for sharing our life lessons. Looking forward to future books like this from other favorite bloggers. Some of my favorite posts/chapters/essays, whatever you want to call them, was the Top ten list. Here’s a list I appreciated:
10 EASY WAYS TO KNOW YOU’RE NOT A LEADER:
- You’re waiting on a bigger staff and more money to accomplish your vision.
- You think you need to be in charge in order to have influence.
- You’re content.
- You tend to foster division instead of generating a helpful dialogue.
- You think you need to say something to be heard.
- You find it easier to blame others for your circumstances than to take responsibility for solutions.
- It’s been some time sine you said, “I messed up.”
- You’re driven by the task instead of the relationships and the vision.
- Your dreams are so small that people think they can be achieved.
- No one is following you.
Just one of the thought provoking posts from the book. More later…