If This Were the Last Week of Your Life…
Posted by Lane Corley
Well, apparently the world may end sometime this week! Great timing. Our church will hit 2 Peter 3 in our Fall Message Series called Godliness in a Godless World.
2 Peter 3:10-14
10 But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief; on that day the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, the elements will burn and be dissolved, and the earth and the works on it will be disclosed. 11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, it is clear what sort of people you should be in holy conduct and godliness 12 as you wait for and earnestly desire the coming of the day of God. The heavens will be on fire and be dissolved because of it, and the elements will melt with the heat. 13 But based on His promise, we wait for the new heavens and a new earth, where righteousness will dwell.
14 Therefore, dear friends, while you wait for these things, make every effort to be found at peace with Him without spot or blemish.
Will the world end? I don’t think so, but if this were the last week of your life how would you live? Truth is, none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. Be at peace with God, with others, on mission with Christ. As a mentor of mine used to say, “Live every minute like the next may be the last.”
We’ll talk about what the Bible says about the end of the world this coming Sunday at Bridge Church, 10:30am at the Maritime Museum in Madisonville.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.